The Town of Snowflake is centrally located in the northeastern portion of Arizona, one of the fastest growing states in the southwest. The town’s proximity to major interstates gives it 1-day access to major transportation hubs in the southwest. Vehicles can access Flagstaff and Phoenix via Interstate 40, 30 minutes north of Snowflake, and Phoenix and Tucson via State Route 260.
Reliable, economical ground transportation services are provided through six interstate carriers, nine intrastate carriers, a railway, and three national package (overnight) carriers.
Snowflake is located 20 minutes from the Town of Show Low, and the Show Low Regional Airport. The recently expanded facility, with its 7,200-foot lighted runway, is the only FAA designated commercial service airport in northeastern Arizona, and provides commuter service between this region of the state and Phoenix. The airport offers the following services:
- Elevation: 6,412 ft
- Runway 6-24: 7,200 ft. X 75 ft. asphalt. Lighted runway (pilot controlled – 123.0) Full taxiway (60 ft. wide asphalt). Load capacity 60,000 lbs.
- Runway 3-21: 3,930 ft. X 60 ft. asphalt. Load capacity 30,000 lbs.
- Unicom: 123.0
- Hours of Operation: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (callouts available)
- Contact Numbers: 928.532-4190 (Dennis Wiss, Airport Manager)
- Other Services: Medical Express Air
(Air Ambulance Service – fixed wing), 602.348.0003
- Shundiin Services (Freight services, courier services)
- Fuel (100 LL, Jet-A)
- Car Rental Service – Practical Car Rental (on-site)
928.532.1300 or 800.741.9017
- Enterprise Car Rental (off-site)
928.537.5144 or 800.736.8222
- Public Bus service (by request) Mon-Sat, 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Telecommunications for the region is provided by Citizen’s Communications. The network connecting the communities is made up of digital switching offices, microwave, and fiber optics, resulting in reliable, clear communications. High speed data and internet communications make Snowflake easily accessible to the world-wide digital community.